- Prep Time: 25 Min
- Cooking Time: 45 Min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: 1 Traybake
- For the cake
- 200g Homepride self raising flour
- 50g Homepride plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 80g melted dark chocolate
- 30g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- For the buttercream
- 250g unsalted butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- To decorate
- 1 pack of Oreo biscuits
- Bourbon and rich tea biscuits
- Royal icing
- 50g melted dark chocolate
Print this recipe
- Cream together the butter, dark brown sugar and golden syrup.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the Homepride Self Raising Flour and Homepride Plain Flour and mix well.
- Pour in the melted dark chocolate and mix until combined.
- Pour this into a lined 10” x 8” baking tin and bake at 140C (fan assisted) for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cream the butter on it’s own for a few minutes.
- Add in the icing sugar and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Add a little hot water if needed to soften.
- Once the traybake is cool, spread over the chocolate buttercream.
- Remove the Oreo filling and crush biscuits in a food processor for the ‘dirt’.
- Spoon this on top of the chocolate buttercream covered traybake.
- For the gravestones, cover biscuits in chocolate and leave to set.
- Then fill a piping bag with royal icing and pipe ‘RIP’ onto the front of the biscuits.
- Once everything is set, push the gravestone biscuits into the traybake.