This cake is best fresh but will last 2-3 days if wrapped well. If storing, remove the fruit toppings first.
- Prep Time: 30 Min
- Cooking Time: 60 Min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: 1 Loaf Cake
- For The Cake
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g caster sugar
- 185g Homepride Self Raising Flour
- 45g Homepride Plain Flour
- 2 large free range eggs
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 50ml Pimm's
- For The Drizzle
- 100ml Pimm’s
- 100g caster sugar
- For The Decoration
- 200g unsalted butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 50ml Pimm’s
Print this recipe
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar.
- Add in the eggs and mix until combined.
- Add in the Homepride Self Raising Flour and Homepride Plain Flour and mix well.
- Add in the orange zest and pour in the Pimm’s.
- Mix until nice and creamy.
- Pour this into a 1lb loaf tin and bake at 140C (fan) for 1 hour.
Once the cake is baked, make the drizzle...
For The Drizzle
- Heat the Pimm’s gently in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add in the caster sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Take off the heat.
- When the cake is still in the tin, use a skewer to make several holes in the top of your loaf cake.
- Pour over the drizzle until it is all absorbed.
- Turn out the cake when it is completely cooled.
For The Decoration
- Mix the butter on it’s own for a few minutes until soft.
- Add in the icing sugar and mix well.
- Pour in the Pimm’s and mix until combined.
- Spoon this into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe stars all over the top of the loaf.
- Finish with fresh strawberry and orange slices.