If you haven't got a pasta rack to dry your homemade pasta you can use a clean tea towel
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Cooking Time: 10 Min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: Serves 3
- For the Pasta
- 300g Homepride 00 Extra Fine Flour (or Plain Flour)
- 3 Large Eggs
- For the Sauce
- 100g Pancetta
- 1 1/2 Leeks (thinly sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 240ml Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 3-4 Sprigs of Thyme
- Cup of Frozen Peas
Print this recipe
- Make pasta. Place flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add eggs.
- Bring together slowly with a fork working around the edges, then when it all comes together, knead the dough until it’s smooth and silky.
- Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Once rested, split the dough in half and roll out each piece with a rolling pin until it’s very thin and you you can see your fingers through it when lifted up the the light.
- Fold in half twice and cut parpadelle strips with a sharp knife. Hang to dry on a pasta rack or place on a clean tea towel.
- For pasta sauce. Fry pancetta, then add leek, garlic and thyme and cook until softened.
- Add cream and 1/2 cup water then stir.
- Simmer, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a pan of boiling salted water to the boil, add pasta and cook until al dente, then strain. (Keep a little pasta water)
- Add pasta and peas to cream mixture along with a little pasta water and mix well. Enjoy!