Add a honey glaze to give your cake that extra sweetness!
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Cooking Time: 60 Min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: 1 Loaf
- 250g Homepride Plain Flour
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 80g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 150g Crunchy Peanut Butter (divided)
- 4 Bananas (3 mashed, 1 split lengthways)
- 25g Chopped Peanuts
- For the Glaze
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 20g Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Hot Water
Print this recipe
- Preheat oven to 150 fan, and line and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Beat butter and sugars together, add flour, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon and eggs, then stir through 3 mashed bananas, 100g peanut butter and the peanuts.
- Pour half of the mixture in the tin, then dollop remaining peanut butter into lines on top, then add remaining cake mixture and push sliced banana gently into top with cut side facing upwards.
- Bake for 1hr-1hr 10mins or until a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean.
- For the honey glaze, mix icing sugar with hot water then add honey and brush all over the warm cake.
- Leave to cool then slice and enjoy.