- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 50 min
- Difficulty: Medium
- Makes: 1 cake or bundt
- 300g Homepride self-raising flour
- 300g unsalted butter
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 50g ground almonds
- 150g melted white chocolate
- 100g raspberries, either chopped in half or quarters if large.
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar for decoration
- 100g raspberries for decoration.
Print this recipe
- Pre heat oven to 150c fan/ gas mark 3/ 325f.
- For this recipe I've used a Bundt tin, but you can use a regular cake tin if you don't have a Bundt.
- Melt a knob of butter and using a pastry brush ensure all of the inside of the bundt tin is covered in butter (or grease your tin if using a cake tin). Sieve in some flour and ensure all of the tin is now coated in the flour, shake out any excess.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer cream together the unsalted butter and golden caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Mix together the Homepride self-raising flour and the sieved ground almonds.
- Add 1 egg at a time followed by a tablespoon of the flour/almond mix, mixing between each addition until all eggs and flour are fully incorporated.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- When the chocolate has cooled slightly add to the cake mixture and mix in.
- Fold in the chopped raspberries.
- Add to the tin and level off with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 mins- 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Decorate with icing sugar and fresh raspberries.