- Prep Time: 75 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Difficulty: Medium
- Makes: 4 side breads or 3 large flat breads
- 500g Homepride strong white bread flour
- 10g salt
- 5g sugar
- 10g dried instant yeast
- 40g rapeseed oil
- 300ml warm water
Print this recipe
- Pour the flour onto a surface, mix the salt, sugar and yeast into the flour being careful not to allow direct contact between the yeast and salt.
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the water and oil into this.
- Using your fingers mix the flour into the water and oil in the middle of the well, continue to mix until all of the dry mix is incorporated.
- Knead the mixture for 10 minutes, (you can do this in a machine, however the result is never quite the same). Once the mix is smooth, glossy and stretchy place in a bowl and cover with a damp towel.
- Leave the bowl in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Knock the air out of the risen mixture.
- Cut the mixture into as many pieces as you wish and roll into your preferred shape, keep in mind that they will approximately double in size. Place on a lined tray and allow to prove for a further 15 minutes.
- To cook brush lightly with a little rapeseed oil and place in a heavy-based pan on a medium to low heat for around 3- minutes on each side or until the bread is light and fluffy and browned on each side.