- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 75 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: 1 pie bundt
- 225g butter
- 350g golden caster sugar
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g Homepride plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 250ml Toffee yoghurt - I used Muller Light
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g ground pecans (I blitzed mine in the food processor!)
- 1 tin Carnation Condensed Milk Caramel
- Whole pecans
Print this recipe
- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160c
- Prepare a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch with melted butter and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger.
- Pour the yoghurt into a jug, and add the golden syrup and vanilla extract. Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yoghurt. Repeat this until everything is combined. Stir in the ground nuts.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds. Pour the mix into your prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes before removing from the tin. When completely cool, tip the tinned caramel into a microwavable jug, and heat until runny. Tip it over your cake in a frivolous fashion, like you've had one too many Bucks Fizz. Gravity will do the rest.
- Decorate with whole pecans and marvel at folks' reactions.