- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: One 10x8 inch traybake
For the Cake:
- 125g unsalted butter
- 170g dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons black treacle
- 225ml milk
- 300g Homepride Plain Flour
- 50g Homepride Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
For the Cinnamon Frosting:
- 250g unsalted butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the cake:
Heat the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, black treacle and milk in a saucepan on a low heat until all ingredients have melted. Take off the heat and leave to cool slightly.
Mix the Homepride Plain Flour, Homepride Self Raising Flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
Pour in the melted ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a lined 10” x 8” tray and bake at 160C for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
Leave to cool.
For the cinnamon frosting:
Cream the butter for 5 minutes until soft.
Add in the icing sugar and ground cinnamon and mix well.
Spoon over the cooled traybake and spread using a knife.
You could top with crumbled ginger biscuits, sprinkles and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate.
Once baked, store in an airtight tin and enjoy within 3 days.