- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 75 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: One regular bundt (2.4L)
- 225g unsalted butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g Homepride plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250ml of vanilla flavoured yoghurt (use coffee flavoured if you're not using Kahlua)
- 4 tbsp Kahlua (optional)
- 3 tbsp Camp coffee syrup
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 300g icing sugar
- Enough vodka to make a runny icing, or you can use a mixture of vodka and water, or just water.
- Chocolate coffee beans to decorate.
Print this recipe
- Grease and flour a regular sized bundt tin (2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch).
- Soften the butter, then cream in the sugar in stages until it's pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time on a slow setting.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix the Kahlua with the yoghurt.
- Sift in 1/3 of the dry ingredients, followed by 1/2 of the yoghurt. Repeat until all the flour and yoghurt is used up. Fold it in gently...
- Give the whole thing a quick mix for about 10 seconds or until well combined.
- Remove 5 heaped tablespoons of the mix, and put in a smaller bowl. Fold in the Camp syrup and cocoa powder.
- Spoon half of the standard mix into the tin, top with the chocolate and coffee mix, then cover the whole thing with the remaining standard mix. There's no need to do anything else, they will naturally marble as the cake bakes.
- Bake at gas 3/160C for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- It should be shrinking from the sides and a skewer should come out clean.
- Let it cool in the tin for ten minutes then turn it out.
- Allow to cool fully before icing.
- To make the topping, add enough vodka/water/a combination of the two to the icing sugar. You're looking for a runny consistency whilst maintaining a thick mix.
- Tip it over the cake in a way that makes you feel like Tom Cruise in Cocktail.
Decorate with the chocolate coffee beans and a few classy / naff cocktail accessories