- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 75 min
- Difficulty: Medium
- Makes: 1 Bundt
- 225g butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g Homepride plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml vanilla yoghurt
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- A glug of gin (optional...)
- 5 tbsp good quality strawberry jam
- 1 tub of whipping cream
- Strawberries to decorate.
Print this recipe
- NB It’s worth investing in a Bundt tin if you can but if not, you could use a ring mould or alternatively, you could halve the ingredients and use a 2lb loaf tin.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160C.
- Prepare a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch with Cake Release spray/melted butter, and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Pour the yoghurt and vanilla extract into a jug. Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yoghurt. Repeat this until everything is combined. Add your glug of gin if using it. We’re talking no more than a couple of tablespoons.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Mix 1 tbsp of the batter with your jam. Jam is heavy, and will naturally sink, so you need to give it something to help lift it.
- Pour 3/4 the cake mix into your prepared tin. Cover with the jam mix. Cover with the remaining 1/4 of the cake mix.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes before removing from the tin.
- When the cake is fully cool, whip the cream until it sits in peaks, and dump it on top of the cake. No faffing with it please, it should look like a big cream nest.
- Decorate with strawberries.