- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 60 min
- Difficulty: Hard
- Makes: 30 biscuits
- 210g Homepride plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g pistachios
- 90g dark chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1300g golden caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 large orange (zest only)
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds only)
- 20g stem ginger (finely diced) (optional)
Print this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 160.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together with a fork to ensure they are well mixed.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients apart from the chocolate to a soft dough consistency; if the mix remains a little sticky simply add a small amount of flour until the mix comes away from the edges of the bowl.
- Simply fold the chocolate into the mix and form a long loaf shape (around 30cm x 10cm), press the top of the loaf down to form a long wide loaf with a depth of around 5cm.
- Place the loaf in the oven for 30 mins, at this point push a skewer into the center which should come away clean. (if not bake for a further 5 minutes and repeat).
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, using a serrated knife, slice into 1cm thick biscuits, place on a lined tray.
- Lower the temperature in the oven to 130 and place the biscuits back into the oven for around 20 minutes, this will dry the biscuits, if after 20 minutes they are not quite dry allow another 5-10 minutes.
- TIP: These are a great from the freezer – if you wish, freeze the loaf at stage 6, then whenever you want them pull the loaf from the freezer take a few slices and complete the remaining steps, bear in mind they may take an extra few minutes in the oven as they will be going in frozen.