- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Difficulty: Medium
- Makes: 23 large cupcakes
- 175g soft butter or margarine
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 5ml / 1tsp vanilla extract
- 125g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable / sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 200g unsalted butter (softened)
- 400g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- green colouring
- 500g white fondant icing
- orange colouring
- green colouring
- pink edible felt pen
Print this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs & the vanilla & mix beat together. Add the flour & cocoa and mix thoroughly until smooth. Then add the oil & milk and mix again until combined. Finally add the chocolate chips, and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the cases and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When baked remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Whilst they cool cream the softened butter together with the vanilla and icing sugar, mixing together until creamy and lump free. Finally add some green colouring until it reaches a grassy colour.
- Once the cakes are cool use a grass/fur tip to pipe buttercream onto each cupcake to resemble grass.
- Make the bunny bottoms, feet and tails out of white fondant and stick the feet and tails to the bottoms by brushing them with a small amount of water and pressing them on.
- Use the edible pen to draw the pads on the feet. Then colour a small amount of the remaining icing green and the rest orange.
- Make the carrots from the orange icing and make some leaf shapes from the green and stick them on top of the carrots with water.
- Finally stick the bunny bottoms and carrots onto the grassy cupcakes.