- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 18 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 flat baking tray/sheet
- 1 small knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 grater or microplane
- 1 non-stick baking mat / making parchment
- 250g Homepride Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110g caster sugar
- 150g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of flaked sea salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 50g white chocolate
Print this recipe
- Begin by preheating your oven to 180˚c, gas mark 4.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with either a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place your Homepride plain flour into a large mixing bowl, add the baking powder, salt, sugar and diced butter. In a separate bowl whisk your egg.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl using your fingertips, till the mix is a breadcrumb style consistency. It is important not to over work your mixture. Once you have a smooth dough, you’re ready.
- Using a set of scales divide the mixture into 25g balls, if you’re feeling cheffy! If not, just use a loaded teaspoon for each ball.
- Place your balls onto your baking tray, leaving plenty of space between each (they will spread out as they cook).
- Peel your banana and cut into 1cm slices. Place a slice of banana into the middle of each ball and gently press down, do not press all the way to the mat.
- Once you have filled all the balls with banana slices, grate your white chocolate over each one.
- Place in the oven and cook for 18 minutes.
- Once the cookies are a golden colour, remove and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.