- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: 8 pancakes
- 1 Homepride basic batter recipe
- 150g chopped spinach, defrosted if frozen
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 2tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Print this recipe
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot, no need for oil as it’s already in the batter.
- Use a ladle to spoon approximately 2 tbsp of batter into the hot pan in one go. Then tip the pan around from side to side so the batter is spread evenly around the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden underneath. Flip the pancake and cook for another minute until golden brown and crispy.
- Keep warm in foil whilst cooking the rest of the batch.
- If using fresh spinach, rinse, place in a lidded pan, and heat gently for around 2 minutes until just wilted. Drain and squeeze as much liquid out as possible. Combine with the ricotta, half the Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to high. Fill the pancakes with the spinach and ricotta and roll up. Place in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and grill until golden. Serve with salad.