- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cooking Time: 12 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: 24-30 biscuits
- 350g Homepride plain flour
- 100g Homepride self-raising flour
- 100g granulated sugar
- 125g butter, at room temp and cut into cubes
- 120g golden syrup
- 1 large egg
- Zest of two lemons
- 250g icing sugar
- 4-6 tsp water
- Desiccated coconut
- Dark chocolate balls (for eyes) or other sprinkles, light pink round sprinkles (for the nose) – you can use icing/writing pens if you don’t have the above
- Mini white marshmallows for the tail, optional
Print this recipe
- Place both flours along with the sugar and lemon zest into a large mixing bowl and stir. Add the cubes of butter into the bowl and mix into the lemon flour/sugar mixture with the tips of your fingers until you have what resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Next, add the golden syrup and egg and mix again with a spoon, drawing in all the flour from the sides of the bowl until a ball of dough forms – finish by using your hands. Bring the dough together into a large ball and split in half.
- Roll each ball of dough between two sheets of baking paper to the thickness of a pound coin. Place each flattened dough into the fridge for 12 minutes and then use your biscuit cutter to cut out the bunny shapes. Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes (until the biscuits are a light golden brown). Re roll the offcuts of dough and cut again.
- Once all your biscuits are baked, leave to cool on a wire rack before decorating. Mix the icing sugar with some water – mixing as you go until you reach a thick consistency (you don’t want the icing running off the biscuits!).
- Pipe or spoon the icing onto your biscuits then sprinkle with the coconut. Shake off any excess coconut shavings then add the final touches by sticking on the eyes and nose and any other decorations you wish to have.