- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Makes: 10 mini loaves
- 125g butter
- 240g yellow cornmeal / polenta
- 240g Homepride plain flour
- 25g sugar
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 480g buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 40g red Jalapeno chillies, roughly diced (from a jar, not raw!)
- 100g cheddar / red Leicester (finely grated)
- 10g fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
Print this recipe
- Simply mix all of the ingredients other than the jalapenos, cheese and coriander together to make a thick batter.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the polenta to start to absorb moisture to prevent a gritty texture.
- Fold in 80% of the cheese, retain the rest to sprinkle over the top.
- Drain the jalapenos, dice roughly and pat dry with kitchen roll, then mix into the batter along with the coriander.
- Separate the mix into 10 mini loaf tins (at about 110g per mini loaf).
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in an oven at 180 for 14 minutes, check by pushing a skewer into the centre - this should come out clean.